- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Prepare dusting mixture by combining all-purpose flour, chilli powder and salt in clean bowl. Mix well.
- Stir egg white until slightly frothy and set aside in separate bowl.
- Prepare crumb mixture by combining crushed Hatari Cream Crackers and Hatari Coconut Biscuits in clean bowl. Mix well.
- Put one shrimp in the dusting mixture and coat evenly.
- Dip the coated shrimp in the egg white mixture.
- Transfer the shrimp to the crumb mixture and coat generously.
- Heat oil dan deep fry the shrimp until golden, strain remaining oil.
- Repeat step 5-8.
- Serve along with mayonnaise, tomato or chilli sauce for dipping.
TIPS FOR MAKING CRUMB MIXTURE OF HATARI CREAM CRACKERS AND HATARI COCONUT BISCUITS
For finer crumbs, use a chopper, grinder or roller. For best results, use 1:1 package ratio , any remaining crumbs can be sealed
and stored in the fridge for future use.